Director - Payer and Medicaid Strategies
TAVHealth, a fast-growing and innovative healthcare services and software company is currently seeking a dynamic and compassionate sales executive for the position of Director – Payer and Medicaid Strategies At TAVHealth, we're committed to improving the lives of patients by establishing meaningful connections to valuable community resources and creating real conversations between providers, caregivers, families and friends. Our clients include major hospital and medical systems with multiple facilities in several states throughout the U.S.
Reporting to the VP, Business Strategy, the Director of Payer and Medicaid Strategies is responsible for generating revenue via sales into Payers and Human Services supporting Medicaid populations as well as their affiliates.
This is a highly collaborative position requiring excellent communications skills and a deep understanding of the technologies and services provided. The Director will engage with local payers, MCO’s and human service organizations to expand TAVHealth’s install base and exceed revenue goals. He/she will assist in refining sales process, messaging, pricing and contracting strategies that can be readily adopted by others as revenue attainment drives department growth. Goals will be completed timely and accurately in support of TAVHealth’s Guiding Values, as attached.
Experience, Educational and Licensure Requirements:
- Requires skills acquired through a combination of higher education and significant job experience, preferably 10+ years in consulting or SAAS in healthcare, payer or health and human services
- Demonstrable, working knowledge of the ACA, healthcare policy, payer contracting and the patient care continuum
- Experience working in a start-up environment or evangelizing a disruptive technology
- Proven experience with MS Office and CRM applications; Salesforce a plus
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies to identify prospects for assigned targets and strategic verticals, including new business and upsell of new products/solutions to existing clients (early targets will include community-based Medicaid LTSS plans)
- Identify and engage with affiliates of target accounts to expand TAV’s network and revenue within communities served
- Work in conjunction with internal groups for lead generation and/or referrals, including Healthcare Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Product Management
- Conduct outreach to existing network and cold calls as necessary to develop and support pipeline growth
- Thoroughly understand TAVHealth products and services and articulate the value proposition to the customers
- Support Healthcare sales team as Subject Matter Expert (SME) when applicable
- Recognize and nuture opportunities to create alliances between existing customers and opportunities that deepen TAV’s network effect and grow revenue in communities we serve
- Draws on market experience and knowledge to effectively interact with C-level executives and develop “trusted advisor” relationships
- Assist in the evolution of sales processes, pricing and contracting strategies that improve cost of sale, time to close and maximize TAVHealth’s competitive advantages
- Provide market feedback that improves company strategic direction, operations, growth and marketing effectiveness
- Maintain and update Salesforce including accounts, contact demographics and opportunities to support pipeline management and accurate forecasting
- Execute annual revenue goals as determined by the executive team
Required Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong presentation skills and written communication
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take ownership of specific tasks while working as an integral party of a dynamic team on larger task
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales engagements requiring skills akin to project management
- Extensive travel will be required
- Virtual office required
Leadership Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Creative Intelligence: Demonstrates creativity and innovation in developing solutions to improve organizational, individual, and group outcomes; Suggests creative options to handle situations; Challenges others to identify creative approaches to problems; Creatively illustrates client processes in a simple, concise and compelling faction; Develops process mapping to allow client to understand the value of the changes; Provides support and encouragement to others when they attempt to innovate, even when they fail; Takes appropriate and thoughtful risks; Embraces and builds on innovative ideas and changes.
- Pattern Recognition: Easily identifies patterns from past experiences, business processes or technology utilization that are analogous to current sales scenarios; can simply and quickly impart past learning to an audience in ways that expand conversations beyond traditional status quo products and services.
- Sales and Consulting Skills: Creates lasting relationships by building rapport and trust; Listens carefully to both expressed and unexpressed needs; Implements creative solutions that are beneficial to both parties; Obtains commitment by showing the value of the product or service.
- Stress and Objection Tolerance: Challenges client’s perception or beliefs in a constructive fashion that drives credibility; Achieves excellence by self-imposing high standards; Sense of accountability and responsibility; Copes with stress or pressure in a way that is transparent to others; asks for help when needed; remains calm and keeps others calm; stays focused when there are competing priorities.
- Coachability/Humility: ability to absorb and apply coaching. Your strong in your beliefs, yet modest enough to listen to others. Reflective and share failures and successes equally
- Analytical & Discovery Skills: Is able to consider information and data from multiple sources, evaluate the information quickly, and draw accurate conclusions for best possible resolution; Effectively provides alternative solutions; Posses strong listening skills and is comfortable asking probing questions, even in often tense environments or situations; Avoids prescriptive solutions before fully listening to and comprehending the business environment; Uncovers gaps, underlying and hidden
- Executive Presence: Skilled at building credibility and interacting at the executive and senior levels; Influences others to make collaborative decisions; Actively engages employees, peers, and partners across lines of business to create end-to-end solutions. Clearly conveys information to a variety of individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and stimulates understanding and retention of the message; Ability to adjust communication styles to the intended audience; Ability to comprehend communication from others; Asks questions to clarify understanding.
Compensation: a combination of salary plus bonus. Bonus structure will obtained via a combination of company revenue goals, contract obtainment and personal goals
- Excellent medical benefits and vacation policy
- Profit sharing for all employees